METEOR aims to:
- Capture patient data and record outcomes over time, showing the visualization of trends
- Provide a central database that can be used for research and publications
- Combine anonymous data with no need for informed consent
- Improve patient care by performing research
- Stimulate international collaborations
"Following patients' disease activity and amending treatment accordingly leads to better outcomes. This has been shown unequivocally. Meanwhile, the METEOR database will make such follow up simple."
Josef S. Smolen, Medical University of Vienna, Austria